Slow Cooker Savoury Quiche
Quiche’s can be easily made in the slow cooker. Yes they take longer (about two hours usually) – but they are super frugal and delicious! When cooking eggs in the slow cooker it tends to ‘steam’ them, giving them a really fluffy soft texture!
You do need to remember a few things when cooking a quiche in the slow cooker:
Make sure you line the Slowcooker first with aluminium foil or baking paper – or it will all stick to the bottom.
Always line the bottom of the quiche with bread, buttered, face down. This gives it a lovely crust.
If you place a tea-towel over the slow cooker before placing the lid on top, you won’t get drops of condensation falling into the quiche, making it soggy.
time neededprep cook
rating (click to rate)
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 4 Baker's Life White Sandwich Slice Bread Slices (or Use The Leftover Pumpkin & Zucchini Bread For A Cheaper Option!)
- 1 tsp Beautifully Butterfully Unsalted Butter 250G
- 1/4 cup Cowbelle Tasty Cheese 1kg Block grated
- 4 Lodge Farms Free Range Eggs
- 125 grams Cherry Tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup Zucchini (Grated)
- 1/2 cup Farmdale Fresh Full Cream Milk
- Line your Slow Cooker with either Aluminium Foil or Baking Paper.
- Butter all the bread pieces and cut diagonally to make two large triangles. Arrange the slices butter side down on the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Spread the diced mushrooms, chopped cherry tomatoes and ham over the bread.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs and milk.
- Pour over the top of the fillings.
- Top with cheese.
- Place a tea-towel over the top of the slow-cooker, and place the lid on top.
- Cook on HIGH for two hours.
- Enjoy whilst hot.