So Bloody Delicious Roasted Lamb Breast – we named this recipe as such because it is really just soo bloody delicious!!
Lamb’s breast is not a cut we often find in Aussie butchers.
But the flavour and texture is fantastic! I am totally addicted! It’s fatty and rich and full of flavour.
I came across the cut when I was researching lamb cuts. We have friends who raise high welfare lambs in Foster Victoria and because we buy a whole lamb at a time they said we could choose the cuts we wanted.
So off I went to good ol’ Google and my bookshelf.
It has a little skin and a whole heap of bones, see pic below!
I cheated a little and cooked it in an oven bag first after I rubbed it down in olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic and added a few rosemary sprigs
I could smell it cooking all afternoon and it was driving me to distraction.
Trust me, give this cut a go and you will not be sorry! 10/10 would recommend that you cook this up for the holidays.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 Lamb Breast (1.5kg)
- 6 Garlic crushed
- 6 Springs Rosemary
- 1 tsp Salt And Pepper to season
- 1 Oven Bag, Or 2 If You Plan To Cook Lots.
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- First up, preheat oven to 150°C
- Rub that breast down with olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add flour to the oven bag (as per pack directions) and whack the lamb inside with the Rosemary, some on top and some on the bottom.
- Pop in a roasting pan and put in the oven for about 2.5 hours.
- Now, remove it from the bag, and either put it back in the roasting pan, pour the bag juices over and turn the heat up to 200°C, place back in the oven and roast for a further 30 mins so the outside goes sticky and dark. Or, throw it on a hot barbeque to caramelised the outside a bit and add that touch of smoke and fire that makes every piece of meat taste top-notch and a little caveman-ish!
- Let it rest for about 15 mins and slice that baby up.