Want to sneak more veggies into your kids diet? Try Spinach Brownies, this recipe was submitted by Cassy Billingsley
- 85g dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup carrot puree
- 1/2 cup spinach puree
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Melt the chocolate and then combine with carrot puree, spinach puree, sugar, cocoa, butter/margarine and vanilla.
- Whisk for 1 to 2 minutes, until smooth and creamy. Add the egg whites and whisk.
- Gently stir in the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Pour into a square baking tin and bake at 180 for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cool completely in the pan before cutting.