Thai Inspired Salad with Lamb Backstrap
This is basically a Thai beef salad using lamb instead.
I love using lamb backstrap for this recipe but sometimes it can be really expensive. Also, it’s not a great cut to use if you like your meat totally dead on the plate. It really does need to be cooked medium. You can also use lamb rump or any just about any cut of beef steak.
Spring is here and this salad is perfect for those warmer days.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- White cabbage
- 2 Lamb Back Straps
- 1/4 Red Cabbage finely sliced
- 1/4 White Cabbage finely sliced
- 1 Spanish Onion finely sliced
- 1 Small Carrot julienned
- 1 Small Red Capsicum finely sliced
- 1/3 Bunch Coriander Or Parsley roughly chopped or torn
- 1 Fried Shallots
- 2 cups Olive Oil
- 1 Chilli finely diced
- 3 Cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 1/2 tbsp Ginger grated
- 1 Lime - Juice And Zest
- 1 tsp Palm Or Brown Sugar
- 8 Coriander Stems finely chopped
- 1 tsp Salt And Pepper
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a bowl or zip lock bag and mix to combine. Reserve a ¼ cup for the salad dressing.
- Add the lamb to the remainder and marinate for a couple of hours.
- Heat a frypan over medium-high heat and fry the lamb for a few minutes on each side.
- Rest for a few minutes then slice into about 1cm slices.
- Place all salad ingredients on a large platter and season with salt and pepper.
- Scatter over the sliced lamb, drizzle over salad dressing and top with fried shallots.