British puddings are the best in the world no doubt. Bread and Butter Pudding is a traditional English recipe, but you know how we like to bake at home..
..then sometimes end up making our own version.
Here’s how we make Bread and Butter Pudding, you’ll love it! It’s delicious and the ingredients don’t cost much.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 6 Raisin Bread Slices remove crusts
- 50 grams Butter
- 50 grams Strawberry Jam or Apricot Jam
- 5 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1000 ml Milk
More Easy Recipes
Love This Recipe, Grab Jody’s BookALL-NEW RECIPES TO FEED YOUR FAMILY OF FOUR FOR ONLY $50 A WEEK
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees.
- Grease a pie dish well.
- Butter the bread on both sides and spread with jam on one side and cut into triangles.
- Line the pie dish with the buttered bread.
- In a bowl mix together the eggs, milk and sugar.
- Beat with electric beaters for a couple of minutes to aerate the mixture.
- Pour gently over the bread.
- Cook for approximately 60 minutes (check mixture frequently - it is ready when the mixture resembles custard).
- Serve with vanilla ice-cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg.