This Chocolate Chickpea Slice probably sounds a bit weird, but it is soooo delicious! It is high in protein (thanks to the chickpeas) so a tiny piece goes a long way to filling you up.
It can be adjusted to be sweeter or more bitter, according to taste, simply by modifying the honey and cocoa (more honey or less cocoa=sweeter, more cocoa or less honey=bitter)
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Melt the chocolate in a glass bowl over a pot of simmering water.
- While that is melting, process chickpeas in a food processor, to desired consistency.
- Add yogurt, cocoa, honey, pecans, coconut and eggs. Process until just combined.
- Add mixture to the melted chocolate and mix until well combined.
- Pour into a lined or greased slice tin and bake for 25-30 minutes or until mixture is just set.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into pieces.