Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Self raising flour
- Icing sugar
- 2 cups Self Raising Flour
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 150 grams Butter diced
- 1 cup Dates pitted and chopped
- 1 Egg lightly beaten
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 1/2 cups Icing Sugar
- 2 tbsp Butter softened
- 2 tsp Coffee
- 2 tbsp Milk
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
1. Dissolve coffee in 1 tablespoon boiling water, mix with all ingredients in a small bowl until smooth.
2. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
3. Sift flour into bowl, add brown sugar. Add diced butter and rub together with flour and sugar. It should resemble breadcrumbs. This will take about 5 minutes.
4. Line a slice tray with baking paper. Place half the flour, sugar and butter mix in the slice tray. Press into base with your hands to smooth. Yes it's fine, this will cook and set keep going.
5. Now with remaining flour mix add dates, milk and egg mix together with wooden spoon. Pour evenly over the base. Bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly golden brown.
6. Once cooled ice with coffee icing and slice.
Recipe Hints and Tips:
- Coffee Date Slice is suitable for freezing for up to 6 months or keep in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- Replace the coffee with brown sugar to change to caramel icing for the kids.