These Delicious Pink Jelly Strawberry Lamingtons are So Good, You Will Eat Them All!
Lamingtons are a classic dessert in Australia, but the classic recipe does have a great twist in the form of these Pink Jelly Strawberry Lamingtons. Perfect for pink-loving kiddos, birthday parties, or breast cancer fundraisers of any kind, this Aussie-inspired dessert is a simple, but satisfying, sweet treat.
You can purchase the slabs of plain sponge cake from the bakery section of any big suppermarket.
Remember that these Pink Jelly Strawberry Lamingtons are freezeable for up to six months. They are also delicious when you cut them in half and add a bit of jam and cream or custard!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 18cm X 30cm Plain Sponge Cake
- 2 1/2 cups Icing Sugar (Sifted)
- 2 tbsp Butter, Unsalted
- 3 tbsp Jelly Crystals strawberry or raspberry
- 2 Drops Red Food Coloring
- 1/2 cup Dessicated Coconut
- 200 millilitres Boiling Water
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
How to Make Pink Jelly Strawbery Lamingtons
- Cut your sponge cake up into lamington sized pieces.
- In a bowl combine the butter, jelly crystals and red food colouring. Pour over 250ml of boiling water and stir until butter and crystals are dissolved. Then add in icing sugar. Whisk until smooth, and set aside to cool.
- Pour the desiccated coconut into a shallow bowl. Dip each side of the sponge cake into the icing, and immediately roll in coconut. Repeat until all are covered.