Slow Cooker Shepherd’s Pie
Slow Cooker Shepherds Pie – it’s easy! Perfect for an easy dinner all year around! Now I do get the question quite often ‘If you are making a Shepherd’s Pie anyway, why would you make it in the slow cooker?’ – and it is a legit question.
The answer is that it can slowly simmer there for hours, with the flavours just intensifying. It is also great for serving at a party or a crowd because it can be served straight from the slow cooker.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Beef Mince (Lean)
- Tomatoes, diced
- Celery stick
- Tomato sauce
- 500 grams Beef Mince (Lean)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 420 grams Tomatoes, Diced
- 1 Carrot, Diced Finely
- 1 Brown Onion (diced Finely)
- 1 Celery Stick chopped
- 1 tbsp Tomato Sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp Gravy Mix
- 4 large Potatoes peeled
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 cup Cheese (grated) (optional)
Tried Dinnerly instead?
All ingredients supplied, Cook Easy Meals for under $5.95 P/PExclusive SAHM Offer: $60 Off the first 3 meal boxes. Use code: C3MAMI20F at checkout.
Redeem this Offer
- In a frypan heat the olive oil until hot.
- Add the onion, celery and carrot and cook until soft and starting to colour. Add the mince and cook until browned well.
- Pour the mince mixture into the slow cooker. Add the tin of tomatoes, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce and gravy mix.
- Cook on HIGH for four hours. Stir every so often.
- Cut the large potatoes into quarters and boil in salted water until tender.
- Add the milk and butter and mash until smooth.
- Take the lid off the slow cooker and if there is a lot of liquid pooling on top of the mince, remove it with a spoon and discard.
- Spoon the potato neatly over the top of the mince and top with the cheese.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook for a further hour or until the cheese is melted.
- Alternatively you can remove the crockery and brown the cheese under the grill (if your slow cooker bowl is suitable to do so).
- Serve with a salad and crusty bread.