Stuck in a rut but wanting to eat some Chinese? Well, why don’t you try cooking up a storm with this Dumpling and Noodle Soup recipe!
The hearty, warm soup is perfect for cold nights and actually for any other night. The noodles and the dumplings are best served with chili sauce on the side for adults and as is for kids.
If you’re going full on Chinese for dinner, check out this recipe for Chinese Five Spice Roast Chicken. Thank me later!
Westinghouse has teamed up with Australia’s favourite home cook and mum, Julie Goodwin, to encourage parents to pass on their cooking skills during the school holidays. Enjoy more recipes like this with the Kids in the Kitchen recipe booklet, featuring 12 delicious recipes which the whole family can cook together.
Recipe Hints and Tips:
- You can make wontons in advance and freeze. Simply place wontons in a single layer in a freezer bag or container and freeze.
- Let the children help make this Dumpling and Noodle Soup!
- They can: Pick the coriander sprigs off the stalks Stir the dumpling mixture Help to form the dumplings Older kids (10+) may also help finely chop the dumpling ingredients
- Pick the coriander sprigs off the stalks
- Stir the dumpling mixture
- Help to form the dumplings
- Older kids (10+) may also help finely chop the dumpling ingredients
- Often children do not like the complexity, spiciness, and colours of food that adults do. Make the adult extra topping and sprinkle onto the top of the soup just prior to serving.