Sour Cream Passionfruit Cake
This Sour Cream Passionfruit Cake is so damn delicious! With a cook time of 45 minutes this cake is so easy light and fluffy you would think my Grandmother had baked you a sponge! The Passionfruit syrup drizzled on top is just the perfect balance of sweet and tart…stop it my mouth is watering just thinking about this cake again!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 200 grams Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 1 cup Caster Sugar
- 6 Passionsfruits
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Sour Cream
- 1 cup Self Raising Flour
- 1/2 cup Plain Flour
- 1/2 cup Sugar extra for syrup
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
How to Make Sour Cream Passionfruit Cake:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Lightly grease round cake tin.
- Using electric mixers cream butter and sugar. Add vanilla, using a spatula scrape the sides of the bowl and beat again. Add eggs one at a time beating until just mixed in each time.
- Using spatula stir in sour cream and mix until smooth. Add sifted flours and mix well.
- Pour mixture into a cake tin and bake for 40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Cool cake in the tin for 5 minutes while making the syrup.
- Place passionfruit pulp and extra sugar in a saucepan, bring to the boil and stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Remove cake from tin and place on a serving plate, drizzle hot syrup over cake allowing to soak in.
- Slice warm and enjoy with a cuppa.
- Frugal Living
- Frugal Living