Easter Chocolate Crackle Nests are super fun to make and incredibly creative. The kids love making them! They also taste so good! Ingredients: 4 cups rice bubbles 1 cup icing sugar...
Photo Credit: Kitchen Simplicity
Easter Chocolate Crackle Nests are super fun to make and incredibly creative. The kids love making them! They also taste so good!
- 4 cups rice bubbles
- 1 cup icing sugar (sifted)
- 1 cup dessicated coconut
- 5 tablespoons cocoa powder (sifted)
- 250 grams Copha, melted
Mix all ingredients together & spoon into patty pans (or use un-greased silicone muffin cups for easier removal). Using the back of a spoon press the mixture down in the middle and up along the sides, forming a nest. Allow to harden. Using a knife, loosen the edges and gently pop out the nests. Easter.
To decorate: sprinkle with coconut and fill with mini eggs.
Makes: 10 large
Recipe Hints and Tips:
- Store covered at room temperature for up to two days.
- Nests can be frozen un-decorated.
- For a super cute alternative you could form these in mini muffin cups.
- If you would like to tint the coconut a certain color simply place it in a resealable plastic bag along with a few drops of food coloring. Massage and shake until evening distributed.
- You could use jelly beans or chocolate covered almonds for a different variety of eggs.