Christmas Trifle with Raspberry Flummery This classic Christmas dessert gets a gingerbread and flummery makeover! Up your trifle game this and serve this colourful dessert in individual serving glasses! Your guests will feel super special! But if you do want…
Christmas Trifle with Raspberry Flummery
This classic Christmas dessert gets a gingerbread and flummery makeover! Up your trifle game this and serve this colourful dessert in individual serving glasses! Your guests will feel super special!
But if you do want to go down the traditional title road then it will look fabulous in a large footed trifle bowl too.
I always start my trifle a day or two before so you aren’t sweating on each layer setting in time.
Makes 6 – 8 mini trifles
We used pre-packed Gingerbread in our recipe pictured, but if you can’t find Gingerbread, Gingernut Biscuits work just as well!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Raspberry Jelly Crystals
- Raspberries (400 grams)
- Gingernut Biscuits
- Flake Chocolate Bars
- 2 packets Raspberry Jelly Crystals
- 1 cup Boiling Water
- 450 millilitres Cream
- 2 punnets Raspberries (400 Grams)
- 500 millilitres Freshly Made Custard
- 1 packet Gingernut Biscuits
- 2 Bars Flake Chocolate Bars
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
How to Make the Raspberry Flummery:
- Combine one of the packets of Raspberry jelly crystals and the boiling water in a largish bowl, stir until all of the jelly crystals are dissolved and place in the fridge.
- Once the jelly sets to a thick syrup consistency but is not properly set, add the cream and whisk on high speed until thick, glossy and doubled in volume – about 5 mins. Set aside
How to Make the Christmas Trifle:
- Make the jelly following instructions on the pack and pour into serving glasses, diving the jelly up equally
- Add 5 raspberries to each glass and place in the fridge to set
- Spoon custard over the jelly in equal portions and return to fried to set slightly two. Ideally 2 or 3 hours
- Crumble the gingerbread or gingernut biscuits over the custard and sprinkle crumbled flake around the inside of the glasses so you can see if from the outside of the glass
- Top with raspberry flummery, fresh raspberries and crumbled flake chocolate.
- Return to the fridge for a couple of hours or overnight.