My Mum made this Easy Apple Crumble Charlotte all the time for dessert. She would serve it hot from the oven with lashings of custard. So to me this is more of a pudding than a cake, but you can allow it to cool and slice it into slabs and serve with butter.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Tin of pie apples
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Grease a large ramekin or cake tin well or line with baking paper.
- In a small bowl, mix together the apple pieces with the brown sugar and rolled oats.
- Melt the butter and pour over the apple mixture and mix until well combined.
- Spread the apple mixture over the bottom of the cake tin.
- Make up the packet cake according to the instructions.
- Pour the mixture gently over the top of the apple mixture.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the cake is cooked through.
- Serve warm with custard and ice cream.