Sugar Syrup is the basic ingredient of most cordials, cocktails and punches
And whilst you can buy pre-made sugar syrup at most supermarkets – it is very easy to make your own version at home. Best of all – it only has two simple ingredients!
Use sugar syrup in recipes such as:
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 cup Water
- 2 cups Sugar
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
How to Make a Simple Sugar Syrup:
- Place the water and sugar into a small to medium saucepan and turn it up to high.
- Stirring the mixture constantly until all the sugar is visibly dissolved.
- Then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Simmer the mixture with a lid on for 5 - 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Allow the sugar syrup to cool totally.
- Place in a bottle in the fridge until ready to use.