Special Fried Rice
Do you love the Special Fried Rice from the Chinese shop? Well surprise, surprise it is dead easy to make at home and you will be amazed at how yummy it is!
Now you can whip up a batch of Special Fried Rice at home for family and friends – for only a couple of dollars!
We always use Jasmine Rice for any fried rice recipes – it gives it that authentic flavour and is just a little bit sweeter than the other varieties.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Salt reduced soy sauce
- 2 cups White Rice
- 4 Eggs Lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 125 grams Bacon Diced
- 4 Green Onions sliced
- 500 grams Prawns cooked, peeled, deveined, halved
- 1 cup Frozen Peas
- 1 cup Beansprouts Trimmed
- 1 Small Carrots diced
- 2 tbsp Salt Reduced Soy Sauce
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Cook rice in a saucepan of boiling, salted water for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and rinse under cold water then set aside.
- Spray a wok with oil.
- Heat over medium-high heat and pour in half the egg.
- Swirl to coat and just cook for 1 minute or until just set.
- Transfer to a board then roll up the egg and slice thinly, repeat with remaining egg.
- Spray wok with oil and increase heat to high.
- Stir-fry bacon for 3 minutes or until golden.
- Add sesame oil, onions, prawns, and peas
- Add soy sauce and rice and stir fry for another 2 minutes or until heated through
- Frugal Living
- Frugal Living