Slow Cooker Beef and Mushroom Stroganoff is great for being prepared in the morning and then being left to cook for the day – as it takes 8 hours to cook.
This dish tastes great and is a good meal to have on a special occasion. The combination of beef, mushroom, and sour cream is just so divine that no one will ever dare to ignore this! You can also prepare this for yourself or for your family during the cold nights as this is a good dish to warm the body! You can partner this with pasta noodles or rice, or eat it as it is if you want.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 3/4 cup Flour
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Powder
- 250 grams Mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 cup White Wine
- 2 Brown Onion thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Salt And Pepper To Taste
- 1 Beef Stock (300 Millilitre)
- 1 Sour Cream (250 Millilitre)
- 1 Steak (1000 Grams) round or gravy
- Cut the beef into thin strips (if the meat has been previously frozen, it's easier to do this before it has fully defrosted).
- In a bowl, mix together 1/2 cup of flour, the mustard powder and salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss in the beef strips and bread them evenly.
- Place the coated strips in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Cover the meat with the sliced onion and mushrooms and pour over the beef stock and white wine.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Just before serving, combine the remaining flour with the sour cream and stir through the mixture - this will thicken and make the beef lovely and rich.
- Serve the slow cooker beef stroganoff over cooked thick egg pasta noodles or rice.