Moist Chocolate Cake
I’ve had this Moist Chocolate Cake recipe written down for years and years, it’s off the back of a cocoa packet – can’t remember which one – but I’ve made it many times and it always turns out beautiful. Great for birthday cakes!
It is my go-to cake of choice – I like to ice it in a beautiful buttercream vanilla icing – or for a birthday cake – I make it a bit naughtier by icing it with cream cheese icing!
Our Moist Chocolate Cake is suitable for freezing, just allow it to cool to room temperature, double wrap the cake in plastic wrap (ensuring you wrap it tight enough to try and get as much air out as possible), then freeze for up to two months. Make sure you write on the outside with a marker the date you baked you cake and the contents.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- 1 cup Water
- 2 Eggs lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups Sugar, Castor
- 125 grams Butter
- 1/2 cup Cocoa
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate Soda
- 1 1/4 cups Flour Self-Raising
More Easy Recipes
Love This Recipe, Grab Jody’s BookALL-NEW RECIPES TO FEED YOUR FAMILY OF FOUR FOR ONLY $50 A WEEK
- Preheat oven to 190ºC conventional or 170ºC fan forced.
- Line a 20cm cake pan base with baking paper and lightly grease sides of pan.
- Combine water, sugar, butter, cocoa and bicarbonate of soda in medium saucepan; stir over heat, without boiling, until sugar dissolves.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat & simmer uncovered for 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Cool to room temperature (or overnight in the fridge covered in plastic wrap).
- Add flour and egg and beat until just combined. Pour into pan and bake for 40 minutes.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes then turn onto cooling rack.